Saturday, July 4, 2009

Just Amazing.

Kings of Leon are simply amazing.
From the first time I heard their album 'Aha Shake Heartbreak' back in 2005 I knew I was in love with these musical gods.
The day after I listened to this album, I went straight back to the store to purchase a copy of 'Youth and Young Manhood'. Both albums were filled with gold for the ears and I soaked it all up with an excitement I don't often feel. 
I have, of course bought their following albums, 'Because of the Times', and more recently, 'Only by the Night', each time, never failing to be impressed with what they have created. 
But for me, their highlights were definitely with the album 'Aha Shake Heartbrake'. This could be due to many a thing however.
That album is filled with Senior High School memories for me. It recalls where I met my best friend, it allows me to remember how we skipped classes, instead deciding to travel into the heart of Sydney just to get a coffee and cupcake from one of our favourite places ever. It reminds me of more carefree times and I think that is why it is so highly praised by myself. 
I recall many times wondering through the shopping centre singing lyrics to a multitude of their songs with friends, laughing when we would sing the wrong line, all the time playing just awful air-guitar. 
I have some lyrics, beautifully written on the inside of my old school folder, not by me, but by my best friend, to entertain us from concentrating in Ancient History. They are fully illustrated and I actually still own the folder, although it is no longer in use (preservation methods). 

After all this I don't really know where I am going with this post, other than, perhaps you might like to share your favourite album, and why it is your favourite. I just thought I might share a little bit more of myself with the blog community. 

Love Smitty.

3 comments:

  1. That's a really good idea Smitty. I would have a difficult time choosing just one favourite though. I've never done any "random facts" or anything of the sort on mine. I'm not sure I'd know where to begin, or a subject to write about really.
    Hugz Brothaman,
    Sasha

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Sorry if my spelling or grammar drive you batty. I tend to either miss spell or incorrectly punctuate quite frequently I'm afraid.
    Anyway, again,
    Hugz
    Sasha

    ReplyDelete
  3. mine is 'Perfect Symmetry' by Keane, and it has been for quite a few months now. i just love the tunes and the lyrics are quite special.

    torchy!

    ReplyDelete