Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder

Over the last day or so, a lot of the blogs I have been reading have been about revealing something different or unknown about themselves, so I thought, sure, why not give this a try.
I have a form of OCD, albeit only a mild form. I fall into the category of sorters and organisers. 
I will arrange things in various orders, sort them out in a specific way and do this repeatedly until I am happy with the arrangement. The most frequent thing I organise is the letters on signs. I break them up or arrange them into equal numbers. 
What I mean by this is I may see a street sign consisting of 8 letters. I will then proceed to break them up into 4 groups of 2 and then 2 groups of 4. 
If I am to see a sign with an uneven amount of letters, e.g. 7, which does not form equal groups, it will cause me some anxiety. Ultimately, I will add a word to that sign in my mind until it can be easily broken up into equal groups. 
Another thing about this is, the groups can have no more than 5 letters in each group. 
This picture is highly frustrating!!

Well I am glad I have shared that with you all and I would love to know if anyone else has any ticks or quirks or any form of OCD.

Smitty. 

4 comments:

  1. Would it be a form of masochistic obsessive compulsive disorder to put things the way you were least happy with - rather than the way you were most happy with?

    You see I have a friend who can be masochistic, as far as bondage, pain and stuff is concerned, but he can also be sadistic and dish it out.

    I wondered whether you could invert the current situation and find yourself getting a mental reward for disorder.

    Start small - taking care to leave the present compulsions in tact.

    No idea - pure theory and conjecture on my part.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, that picture hurts. It's giving me twitches. :) *serious OCD*

    Well, ok, not that drastic really, but definitely a bit bothersome.

    BTW, I've just found your blog and will be following now.

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  3. opps www.ocdtribe.com :)

    ReplyDelete