Wednesday, June 24, 2009

New Sheets.

I just put brand new sheets on my bed.
Is there anything more comforting than knowing that no one other person has ever slept on these sheets?
They are still clean, pristine, perfect.
They are a beautiful blue, that really ties in the theme or look of my bedroom. I have a somewhat nautical theme in my room. I have never been one to hang posters in my room. The only 'posters' I have are drawings of amino acids. (see example below)


Apart from these ever so geeky drawings for which have helped me memorize and learn all 20 amino acids, I have no other posters. I have 3 of those 3D frames with art work inside depicting a seaside them in blue grey and white. It reminds me of a cold day by the water, with light houses and such. There is no use of bright colours and not a sun to be seen in any of them which is why I was so attracted to them in the first place.
I also have many old nautical trinkets about, including this awesome 100 year calendar. It is just a round disc with a moving part on top, with all the days and the months, dates and year, and when you line up the month with the year, the days and dates and everything just falls right into place and there you have the date, day, month and year, all on this small little thing. :D

I am currently looking for a small desk for my room. Preferably in white, but really any colour will do as I will end up painting it white anyway. I just need it to be some what small, as I don't have much more room in my bedroom. I have looked at Ikea but there wasn't really much that I liked in the way of desks there as they were either to big, or metal which means I wouldn't be able to paint it without it looking awful. 

Well I have rambled on long enough about my bedroom, but I will say one more thing, in a non related to my bedroom way. Have you all seen the film clip for the song 'Human' by 'Carpark North'? It is so amazing, it almost makes me want to become a film maker. Another great one is the film clip for 'On The Radio' by 'The Concretes'. Both directors, (Martin de Thurah and Daniel Levi respectively) are true artists and have so much talent I can't believe it. Please, go and watch the film clips, the songs are great, and the clips are breath taking.

Hope everyone is doing well and love to everyone.

Smitty.

4 comments:

  1. I had a blue bedroom once but several people said it was cold. Blue is the colour of cold, isn't it?

    With a b/f (lover, partner) we once painted a bedroom all black and installed wall to wall mattresses on the floor.

    We used to have weekend working parties stuffing newsletters into envelopes for gay rights campaigning - and at night we could put up a dozen young, gay men.

    On these mattresses mass sex took place. Probably.

    I was aware of two couple at it one night and on one memorable Sunday morning we all awoke to the awesome sight of the biggest guy screwing the smallest.

    It was completely astonishing! But they both appeared to enjoy it and, in fact, did it again and again!

    Personally, warmer colours make me more at home, are good for loving sex and nice to sleep in.

    Each to his own, though.

    Thank you for Following my blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh God, You like correct grammar and speling and you are following my blog. This could be a disaster.
    LOL
    However I have had a thought that amino acid bed sheets would be awesome. Wonder if you can get any?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh. My. God.
    Amino acid bed sheets sound like the best idea I have ever heard!!
    I want some so much right now. Perhaps I will just buy a huge amount of material and fabric paint and make them myself.
    Oh I am excited now!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can you do me a set?
    Hell we should sell this idea!!!
    Ohh and prpare to be Jizzt on Monday.
    LMAO

    ReplyDelete